Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lots going on

Last Friday I started my first class at University of Phoenix. I really think that I will like it there, I go once a week compared to 2-3 times per week. I love that this school incorporates team work into our studies. We will do projects as a team and we also do some solo. Working in teams can be rough sometimes, especially when there are people who don't cooperate. I don't "think" that this will be a problem with my current team, but you never can tell.

This last week there were a couple graduations within the family. My niece Breanna graduated high school, I am a very proud auntie. Even though high school graduation is something that we are expected to do, less teens are accomplishing this as the years go by. It is indeed a time to celebrate!

When I made the decision to do another surrogacy, I decided losing weight would be a good thing to do beforehand. I am down almost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks! It feels real good. Speaking of surrogacy, tonight I was supposed to have a phone conference with a couple that I was negotiating a contract with, but I think I was stood up. They sent me over a contract Monday night, I looked it over and made some changes that I would like to see and sent it back. I am beginning to think they didn't like my changes. Hopefully that wasnt the case and she will call me tomorrow.

The boys are all doing great, everyone is healthy, happy and ready for summer. I am too. Momma needs a tan. I am playing in my head what summer days will look like with me going to school. This won't be the first time, so I am sure I will find that balance.

In health news, on Saturday morning I had a muscle spasm in my back. Today I went to the VA just to get it checked out. As I was there they checked my pulse ox and my pulse was high. One of the meds that I take for my weight loss (Rx) may be the culprit. I have to skip it tomorrow and get it checked again on Friday.

Sunday I will be volunteering at The Rock and Roll Marathon. When I first heard about it, I wanted to either walk or run in it, but who am I kidding I hate running. So the next best thing to me was volunteering for Team in Training. I am sure the experience will be a rewarding one, and just maybe someday I will at least walk in one of these marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment