Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer, summer, summertime!

Ah yes, summer is here! The first five days of summer in the Alcala home were filled with sick kiddos. All the kids are feeling better and I am getting restless!! The kids have begun a summer reading program; I love that they enjoy reading. I too am excited about getting some reading done when they do. I have not made the time to read like I used to.

Regal Cinemas Free Family Film Festival is back for the summer. I only learned about it a few years ago, but Regal has been doing it since 1991. Tomorrow we are going to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Although the movies aren't new releases, the kids still enjoy it. The boys look forward to popcorn and soda for breakfast and mom gets cool points.

The Rock N Roll Marathon was awesome. As I had mentioned previously, I had originally signed up to run the 1/2 marathon, but I chickened out. I had the idea in my head that everyone who ran marathons was athletic and in shape, I couldn't have been more wrong. I was inspired by all the different types of people that ran it. I am so glad that I made the decision to volunteer for Team in Training, it helped me make the decision to at least walk the 1/2 marathon next year.

In surrogacy news, I am moving right along with the couple in Rancho Sante Fe. Contracting has been the hardest stage of this journey and we still haven't signed yet. With R & J everything was so smooth, they provided the contract and there were very minimal changes to be made to it. This time around there have been some bumps in the road. I love that we live within 15 minutes of each other and they can be a part of the entire pregnancy, but I just don't feel as deep of a connection as I did with my first journey. I am hoping that changes soon or I don't see us continuing.

This weekend we are having a garage sale, we have so much stuff that we just don't need! We also have a lot of Grandmas stuff. In March Grandma's boyfriend died and left behind a lot of stuff that he bought but never used. It made me realize that I am guilty of the same. Like my pilates chair, I had to have it. When buying it I had the intention of using it several times a week, yeah that did not happen. I haven't been shopping, besides for groceries, in a very long time. There just isn't anything that I need, therefore I don't shop.

It has been almost nine months since I quit my job and I was starting to get bored! I am looking forward to spending quality time with my boys this summer. Something that we are all looking forward to is getting outdoors. The majority of our summertime activities will be free, except for maybe Legoland and the new water park. The kids tickets are free with a paid adult, SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment