Saturday, May 15, 2010

Curran Cousins reunite!

Tonight was the first time in over a decade that I spent time with my dad's side of the family. Let me clarify that, I have seen my grandma and aunt over the years but no one else. Turns out that we have all been so close to each other all these years. After so many years the memories have faded and it is time to make new ones. The circumstances in which we are brought together is in the memory of my Uncle Shawn, he passed away on February 19, 2010. It was a very sad day.
Sometimes we take for granted that the people in our lives, those near and those distant, will always be there when we have the time. We put off visiting and phone calls thinking that we can do it another time. It hurts so bad when you realize that you could have done more: visited, wrote a letter or made a phone call. In this case there are no do overs, all we can do is learn from it and take nothing for granted.
I am a believer that out of a bad situation, there is always some good. In this case I have some great family members that I have been reunited with and it is up to me to do my part in keeping in touch.
Sharing memories tonight was so much fun! I can't wait to make new memories with my cousins and their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment