Friday, May 14, 2010

Sometimes, I am quick to make decisions...

especially when my emotions are running high. When I made the decision to not do surrogacy again, I made that decision strictly off of the emotions that I was feeling at the time. I just had so much fear inside me. I have finally, after nearly three years, found a way to put the fear aside and think of all the positives.
After much thought and discussion with my husband, we are embarking on yet another wonderful journey in surrogacy! It is funny sometimes how a conversation with another person can take you back to a moment in time where you felt so wonderful, and yet you completely forgot about or supressed those feeling until this conversation occurred. That is how this new journey came to be.
We were at a birthday party and one of the other party goers I was talking to said that she was due to be implanted that very next weekend. Talking to her made me realize just how much I truly wanted to have another baby for someone. It is that feeling that you get when you know you are making a decision that will positively impact the life of another, it is indescribable.
So far it has been different than the first time around, the last couple I had a baby for was the first responder to my ad. Once I was already matched with them , I got just a few more inquiries. This time, the response has been overwhelming! I put my profile on the same site I had put my last profile on, and within 2 days I got a phone call talking about a possible match with a couple from France. I was blown away. It has been 6 days now and I have had nearly 25 responses, two couples in particular that I have felt a connection with. Apparently, experienced GS in California are in high demand.
Tonight is the first phone interview that I will have. I remember the first time around being so nervous about the phone interview, this time, not so much. The couple that I am speaking with tonight is one of my favorites so far. If I get lucky again and match with the first couple I speak with, I will be amazed.
I

No comments:

Post a Comment