Saturday, April 16, 2011

Busy Bees

Our last two weeks have been super busy! Last Friday we went on a weekend trip to Disneyland, three nights in a hotel and 2 days at Disneyland and California Adventure. I have been feeling really great during this pregnancy so I figured it would be no big deal, boy was I wrong. By the first night my feet and knees were killing me!! A nice soak in hot water and a good nights sleep had me ready to go for our next day at California Adventure. That was our first visit to that park. It looked like a lot of fun, I couldn't ride most of those rides. Isaac and I spent a lot of time in Bug's Land. He is not a fan of roller coasters, although he did go on Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones and Haunted Mansion. He screamed so loud when the lights in the Haunted Mansion elevator went out and the thunder clashed. I felt like mom of the year right there! He was stuck like glue to me the rest of the way through the ride.

The kids were so well behaved those days that we were vacationing, it was awesome! The first night for dinner we headed over to Joe's Crab Shack. That was the most tasty crab I have ever had and the kids meals had a variety of food and a good price. The atmosphere was fun and the staff was friendly. That is definately our new go to place for seafood. While planning our vacation I made a mistake thinking their vacation was a week earlier than it was, so Monday the boys did miss school. Thankfully their testing didn't resume until Tuesday.

Isaac woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat and fever and you could see it in his eyes that he was not feeling good, so he had a rather short week at school. He was feeling better last night so we went to the drive-in movies, it was either sit on the couch and watch a movie that we have already seen or sit in the car and watch Rio and Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2. So we picked up some Panda Express and headed to Santee. Isaac is feeling way better than yesterday, so I am a happy momma.

It's quiet in the house right now, Andrew is with his dad and the two Erics are fishing. Just me and Isaac are here at the house, he is playing a video game and here I sit catching up on my blog and watching Couples Retreat. I have decided to start adding some new stuff to my blog, instead of only writing about what goes on in my life I am also going to add some tips that I get from magazines. This is a great way to pass on useful info and for me to not have to remember where I read things.

In the mail I just received a letter from the middle school welcoming my middle son. Oh my goodness!! I can't believe he is moving on to middle school. It seems as though time goes by so quickly when you are an adult, but as a child you cannot grow up fast enough. I remember wanting to grow up to become an adult, so badly wanting that independence. Not truly knowing what being an adult involved. We never see situations for what they really are, we always see the greener grass side of things.

Things are going great in my pregnancy, we just hit 32 weeks. I have an appointment on Monday with the OB and I think he will schedule me to begin my weekly non-stress tests. We also have the perinatologist appointment on May 3rd where she will do the final growth scan on little Shia. Her daddies are getting more excited each day as they await her arrival. They just finished her fairy themed room. They did such an amazing job on it. She has so many people who are waiting for her arrival and ready to give her all the love every baby deserves. I can't wait to watch this couple turn into a family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment