Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things are coming along very well

So I continue to struggle with this blogging thing, someday I will get to where I post at least once a week. Today marks our 9th week in this pregnancy. At 6 weeks 3 days I had a bleeding episode with some cramping, I knew the bleeding would happen eventually but I handled it much better than I thought I would. Because of the scary miscarriage I had before I decided to go to the ER.

The next day we were going to have our heartbeat ultrasound, but I got a little sneak peak. The baby was measuring right on and the heartbeat was strong. The nurse and doctor were pretty much terrible. I love the way doctor doom tells me "They were able to detect a heartbeat on the ultrasound, BUT, the bleed is around the baby. Most women with vaginal bleeding in the first trimester have a 33% chance of miscaarriage, but because the bleed is around the baby your risk is significantly higher". Why the heck would you say that to a pregnant lady dipstick?!?!?! He just so happened to be the same doctor that saw me in the ER when I bled out with the last miscarriage. He was the same then too. So when my survey of my visit came in the mail I told them just how I felt about what he said to me. I just don't see the point in telling anyone that whether it is a possibility or not. Ok that vent is over, much better.

This Monday I had my orientation with the new OB, Dr. Cizmar. It was actually with his nurse, but it went well. We discussed my nausea issues, testing and possible perinatal appointment because I will be 35 when I deliver. At this age the risk for gestational diabetes and high blood pressure increase so they just want to make sure I am in good health as the pregnancy progresses. At this appointment the nurse recommended that I take unisom at night for my nausea the next day. So far it has given me a couple hours of relief in the morning. This time around has been pretty intense, I have been feeling so blah!

The second trimester is 3 weeks away so I will hopefully find some relief then. My next appointment is on the 19th of this month and I am thinking that we will see that the bleed I had is completely gone!! On the 11th I will begin to decrease most of my meds and be done with them by the 18th. That will be a huge relief. The one injectable med that I will have to continue to take is heparin. It is my understanding that I had a clotting factor in my blood that would require me to take it. I will find out soon if it will be for the duration of my pregnancy.

All my boys are doing great. Andrew just turned 16!! We had so much fun with friends and family at his party. Football season is almost over for little Eric, we have two games left and then we are done. Isaac has been showing an interest in wanting to take karate, but I am not sure that he is ready for that yet. He is a little on the wild side and love to play jump kick at his brother. We will see.

Isaac told me today that there are 51 days left until Christmas. I have not started any shopping yet, that is unusual for me. July is usually when I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment